Instructions for mindfulness of breathing and jhana

I love pa auks teachings …but unfortunately in India there is no pa Auk monestry… where I can go for meditation…

So I have applied for Vipassana…i already did Vipassana 2 times and second time i feel great …

But I am more interested in jhanas …
So this time I have decided to work on mindfulness of breathing more .
I have made notes for pa auk about it …and I will practice same .
I would like if experience person help me with more personal guidelines…

Like last time I observed at the evening my mind thinking to much literally to much.

Sometimes because we don’t talk with others …mind becomes sad …

In such situations what one must do …

I hope I will go atleast to nimita stage in this retreat.

Anyways am happy even I don’t experience anything.

Metta …

1 Like

Generally these two labels are used in modern times as trade brands in many popular meditation centers in this Commercial age.

Studying Visuddhimagga is useful for distinguishing whether a particular teaching is in line with Pure Theravada or not.

Even while practicing under a preferred modern method, it is needed to check where one is directed, time to time.

It is done for our own protection in this world which is a dense forest of Views.

Metta.

2 Likes

Ok …the truth is I do not understand visuddhimagga even after reading. …it’s pa auk …after reading PA auks books i first time understood what Buddhist meditation is . And what Vipassana mean …

But I will read visuddhimagga…

I will try again . Again and again …

Thanks ven. friend

3 Likes

So basically this is my new I’d …I changed my mobile and using different email on this …

I want to ask
I am loosing interest from jhana. Knowing that they only lead to birth in Brahma world. And once we finished life there. We will actually born as a ordinary human again…

I think to become master in jhana and to develop abhinna is good thing. Because with that abhinna I can find arhat or pacchek Buddha and I can donate food to them to accumulate merits…

Or I can develop metta till the breaking of bond and can born as a good looking in every life time …

Or I can develop abhinna which allows me to se couse and effect and accordingly I can shift my kamma …

1 Like

Are you familiar with lookism and the blackpill?

Nop…but I will watch and read about it …

1 Like

I see.

Here are some great places to start:

1. youtube.com/@beautyisontheinside/videos

2. youtube.com/@bullysarenotcool/videos

3. youtube.com/@rehabroom1/videos

4. https://incels.wiki

And lastly, watch this just recently released video:

1 Like