I want to ask about bhavanga

I failed to understand bhawanga chitta…

My present bhawanga chitta is a result of my last death mind process…

So basically do bhawanga chitta decided next birth?
I mean what is difference between bhawanga chitta of birth in hell , human and heaven.

My present like and dislikes are due to my sankharas…what role bhawanga chitta plays in that …

1 Like

Bhavaṅga is a vipāka citta. It can affect how you live your life as it is called “life continuum” . A triple rooted being can attain jhāna and nibbāna but not a double rooting being. In this way, it can affect your next life. It would be impossible for you to attain jhāna and therefore enter the Brahma realm or the pure abodes of the anāgāmi.

bhavaṅga can affect your reactions in this life. Those without pīti (joy) in their bhavaṅga are often more “straight faced” than those with pīti in the bhavaṅga.

3 Likes

Wonderful @bksubhuti …now i understand…
But i want to know in details…is there any book which explains bhawana…i found many videos on this am going to listen those…

Thanks … people would also like if you make one good detailed blog on this topic …like more resoning of bhawanga and how it affects our day to day life as well as birth…

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks bhante …I have read your book …and also from videos to …
I understand bhavanga is kind of personality…

I want to ask …ask bhavanga is just one mental process like …eg hate , anger , kindness, fear lust…
So only one of this mental process how can generate overall personality…

Is bhavanga comprises more than one kushal or akushal dhamma? …or mixture of kushal and akushal dhamma?..

3 Likes

i think you are speaking words that might be sanskrit. I don’t know…
kusala and dakusala?

It only has one citta and it is kusala.
however, it is “surrounded” by akusala (tanha upadana moha). There are 5 causes actually.
You need to read about the 5th method.

2 Likes