Dhamma talks from Ven. Dr. K Sri Dhammananda Mahanayaka Thera

I would like to share some Dhamma talk sessions by Ven. Dr. K Sri Dhammananda Mahanayaka Thera (passed away). It is from his Dhamma writings that attracted me to Theravada tradition. Though his Dhamma talks often dealing with real life problems, many of the Dhamma points are Abhidhammic. Somehow, he knows when to use Sammuti Sacca and when is suitable to use Paramattha Sacca.

I always enjoy to hear his Dhamma lectures and his voice is soothing to me. Also, listening to his Dhamma talks gave me the feel like listening to a Mahavihara Sri Lankan Theriya. Which coincidentally, the temple where he stayed (when he was alive), also named “Buddhist Maha Vihara”.

Ven_Dhammananda

1 Like

Does it conform with the below or with less of the below?

“Evametaṃ, ānanda. Yaṃ hānanda, puggalo puggalaṃ āgamma buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gato hoti, dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gato hoti, saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gato hoti, imassānanda, puggalassa iminā puggalena na suppatikāraṃ vadāmi, yadidaṃ – abhivādana-paccuṭṭhāna-añjalikamma sāmīcikammacīvarapiṇḍapātasenāsanagilā- nappaccayabhesajjaparikkhārānuppadānena."

​"That is so, Ananda, that is so! When one person, owing to another, has gone for refuge to the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha, I say that it is not easy for the former to repay the latter by paying homage to him, rising up for him, according him reverential salutation and polite services, and by providing robes, alms food, resting places, and medicinal requisites. "

mn-142-dakkhinavibhanga-sutta-the-exposition-of-offerings

1 Like