Concepts vs Reality in Practice

I’ve posted this here as I wanted to discuss the practical experience of insight. Mostly I want to know how one is said to move from concepts to ultimate reality during meditation? Is it the case that we need to go from even the concept of “hardness” to a more direct non-conceptual experience, or is the concept always going to be there when the ultimate realities are taken as object?

1 Like

Realities arise and pass away quickly, millions in a split second, and what is known is the nimitta of each reality. So even for the very wise it is the nimitta of the just fallen away reality that can be known. The nimitta of realties is as close as can be got to.
In essence the wise see through the gross concepts to clearly understand what is real and what is conceptual but they are not knowing each moment individually.

In normal life the sense doors cover up the mind-door, it seems that there is always color for example. But at nama-rupa parichedda nana, the first stage of insight, the mind-door is revealed like a flash and so what is matter and what is mentality is seen directly for those brief moments.

1 Like