excellent site! And run by our member @Paulo
English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Very nice!
Thank you @Paulo, and thank you for sharing @RobertK.
R
What were your experiences like making it @Paulo?
Hi @renaldo , I am a backend developer, and I have a little experience with the frontend as well. Besides that, I have a bit of knowledge on how to use good AI prompts. So, I used this background to develop the project.
In a way, it was not hard, especially the development part. The hardest part is finding issues in the texts. For example, when something had to be translated into Portuguese from English, some English words remained in the Portuguese version as well.
The project is open-source ( abhidhamma/README.md at main · PJ-Oliveira/abhidhamma · GitHub ), and I intend to continue improving it, fixing issues, etc., so that people may use my work to do something that helps make the Abhidhamma more accessible today.
Hi Paulo,
How excellent!
It’s nice to hear such stories, and it is nice to see such projects come into being.
If you add any new features, or do any other important updates, it would be nice if you let us know about them here. ![]()
R
@RobertK That would be really nice to put on your website since you own the main URL for abhidhamma.org
Your website is probably word press while he is more of a server. There might be a way to encapsulate his website in a frame. Seems like @Paulo might know about this.
@Paulo what did you use for translation? Did you use opentipitaka or epitaka or did you do this yourself direct with ai.? I like the vithi player!
Hi Ven. @bksubhuti , I did use opentipitaka .sql and did some improvements in portuguese translations since it is my native language.
@Paulo I don’t know if you are familiar with the following Foro Buddhista Theravāda Latino but they might add abhidhamma.com.br to the resources tab (it’s on the bottom of the page) if you contact them through the contact page and give them the link.
The page also has an interesting library in 3 languages.
R
@renaldo , thanks a lot.
Ven. @bksubhuti , may I please translate and add your book to abhidhamma.com.br ?
I already gave you permission. I’m happy about it.
I do have a marked up version I have not edited yet. I will send it to you later. Remind me if I forget.