Realms according to Theravada

Friend, about your wishes, i would say, sīla is a major part.
In this sutta the Buddha said " the virtuous one succeeds"
To keep the 5 precepts always very pure is very important. We have to train to lose our bad habits…

And to take often the uposatha sīla, at uposatha or the sunday is certainly very helpfull.

Then to do other habitual good kamma, habitual daily kamma as adviced Subhūti Bhante…

Buddha pūja is very good… You don’t need the presence of the Sangha, once or twice a day it can be done…only a Buddha statue, and few materials things like candles, incense, flowers…Also chanting in Pāli…

Then there is Dhamma savana… I don’t know what is your native language… Are you Sinhala? Or Thaï? If it is so, you are lucky to get excellent Dhamma desanā… To listen Dhamma talk respectfully has countless benefits… Today with youtube it can be done easily on a daily basis…

About your meditation, please don’t lose your trust.
May be you don’t have jhāna today… But later it can change.may be you will have brightness in the mind and will feel: " actually jhāna why not"…

As i was ordained during five years i have seen for the monks how the meditative development is something progressive… Actually for most of yogis who are successful it takes many years.
And in own mind, big progression… It has nothing to do with 5 years before and now i am confident about my abilities, it was not much the case before… Although it is slow, meditation is a progressive process…

Therefore as a daily kusala, meditation is the best one… If except sīla i would have only one choice i would select meditation… Because most powerful… And most important. And for exemple he 6 faithfull recollections are excellent for layity… The Buddha always encouraged the upāsaka and upāsika to develop Buddha, Dhamma, Sanghanussati and so on… You are already doing Devatānussati, sādhu sādhu sādhu :pray::heart:

I understand your wish to reborn in Deva loka. As long as you wish for Nibbāna i see nothing to blame… After samatha and vipassanā development in the human world i would also like the Deva loka, but it does not matter, i just want to collect important pāramī.

Tusitā is much better than Tavatimsa… More suitable for Dhamma practice i think.

My best wishes! May you be successful in Dhamma, may all your mundane and noble wishes be successful :pray::rose::rose::rose:

3 Likes

In Mora Sutta, King Peacock, Mora, recited: Ye Bramana Vedagu Sabba Dhamme… in the jungle all alone.

2 Likes